Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New York City! Part 2

Somehow I didn’t realize that Saturday was going to be such a beautiful day and consequently, I didn’t pack accordingly. I threw together an outfit that consisted partly of what I planned, some athletic wear, and something from the night before. But then again, I was in a town where everyone looked like they were wearing something new with some sort of athletic gear and something from the night before, whether it be mousse, a dress, or person on their arm.

We went into Manhattan to meet IAM’s friend for brunch (IAM and LM are pictured as the meal is winding down...you can see all of our juice!). Luckily we beat the brunch crowd by arriving at 1pm. IAM suggested going to a Brazilian place called Café Colonial because she remembered them having delicious pao de queijos (cheesy little popover things). Eh, they were good, but my favorite part was the drink selection! They had fresh squeezed juice, strawberry shakes, açai shakes, and Ipanema juice (beet, carrot and apple juices). Whenever my body is slightly deprived it always tells me that I should drink my way back to a balance. I must have been really deprived because I almost only ordered drinks.



We stuck to breakfast fare, though I couldn’t resist a side of corn (corn and desire of it are pictured). We rethought our order with every dish that walked by (everything looked so good!) but were completely satisfied with our choices. The atmosphere was fresh and rustic, with white walls, white tile floor, sun shining through huge windows, wooden and tin accents and sturdy mix-matched furniture (you can get a feel for it in this solo shot of IAM). Their dinner menu looks promising too!

A good way to start our day (if I weren't on a whilrlwind trip it could have been the main event of a lazy Saturday).

No comments:

Post a Comment